Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My dolls house - part 6

A short update this time with but a few photos.

I have attached the windows and glazing.  Not a very exciting job, nor a very quality job either.  The 'glazing' is only the see-through kind used for overhead projectors and the windows, like the door, are plastic moulded windows.  It had to be done though and in some way the house is coming a bit more to life.



The 'doors' are all very warped and the magnets that are supposed to keep the doors closed tight are not working at all.  For a week or so it looked good, because we had a very wet period with loads and loads of rain, so the humidity was close to 100%, which made that doors sit nice and straight.  Now it's drying out again, the warping is back. :-(  I think I might look around for magnetic strips instead and see if they would do a better job.

Next is attaching the pelmets and curtains for all rooms.  The pelmets have been glued, and the one for the living room I have covered with the fabric I am going to use for the curtains:


The picture isn't very clear, but you get the drift....  (I am in a bit of a hurry, going out soon).  You can also see the poor quality of the windows on the inside.  Luckily it's not something that will always be in full view.

I now have the curtains ready to pleat, but I am a bit at a loss of what I will do.  I don't really want to use a pretty pleater, because I don't quite like the unnatural straight look.  On the other hand, gathering the curtains at the top only will also produce an unnatural look if the next picture is anything to go by:


I like the fabric very much and it's soft and silky, but in reality not as shiny as in the picture.  The seams were easy to glue with the special fabric glue I have, but......... I am a bit stuck right now.  So, I am going out and give myself some time to ponder the problem in hand.

See you around.



5 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can find something to coat the door with to keep it from warping. With minis it is always something to figure out, lol... I like the fabric you are using for the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that a lot of people shape their fabrics a bit at a time using hair spray to make it fix in position but giving a more natural look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LJ, thanks for the tip. I will look into it and see if there is something that would do the trick. Janice, also thank-you. It hadn't crossed my mind to do it gradually. It's certainly worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. keep posting. Information is really useful.
    Here are the links for best best property
    farm land for sale in hyderabad
    land for sale in adhibtla
    apartments for sale

    ReplyDelete

So kind of you to leave a comment.

Thank you also for visiting my blog.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.